GUIDED BACKCOUNTRY SKIING EVERY WEEKEND FOR 3 MONTHS!
If there is ever a season to avoid the ski hills, this is the one!
The Aurora Backcountry Pass is perfect for all Ski Tourers and Split-Boarders that are looking to get after it this winter, gain valuable backcountry experience, maintain natural social distancing and avoid the crowded ski hills.
Sounds pretty ideal? We agree. Check out our Price plans Below!
OUR WINTER 2020/21 WEEKEND BACKCOUNTRY PASSES
- Unlimited Weekend Pass -
Sign up for our professionally guided Aurora Backcountry Weekend Tour Pass and tour as many times as you want for the months of December 2020, January 2021 & February 2021.
That is 26 days of backcountry adventures guided by certified ACMG guides in the Sea to Sky corridor and Duffy Lake area
– 8 Day Package -
Don’t want to commit to the whole winter? We have created an eight-time pass so you can pick and choose your dates.
26 DAYS OF GUIDED BACKCOUNTRY TRIPS FOR ONLY
$1850.00 tax included
BUY NOW to reserve your spot for this season!
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the booking process work?
1. Select which price plan suits your needs
4. To log in click the icon button at the top right of the website screen. You can check your account info and bookings here.
5. After you have booked your day you will receive an email with information such as your guides name, meeting location, and skiing location. Any special equipment required such as glacial travel gear can be found here too.
6. Feel free to call your guide directly if you prefer a more human experience.
Where do the trips go? and what ability do I need to be?
Conditions in the backcountry are constantly changing. Your certified guide will determine where your trip will go based on the number of participants, avalanche conditions, and snow quality. This ensures that we go to the absolute best locations.
If you can Ski or Snowboard confidently in powder down a blue run, then you can join us for a day in the backcountry.
Can I choose my Guide?
Unfortunately No. However it doesn't hurt to ask :)
Guides will be determined by their availability and teamed up with groups based on group ability and trip complexity.
If my group of friends all have Aurora Backcountry Passes can we request our trip to be private?
Certain situations may allow this. If your group is 6 or more we can arrange the trip to be private. If your group is less than 6, we can make your trip private for an additional fee of 200$. Please contact your guide if you wish to make your group private.
I am concerned about Covid-19, mixed groups make me nervous?
Great question, we have also spent a lot of time thinking about this. During our trips we do the following to reduce the risk of contracting Covid-19:
- We space out. In the backcountry we always stay more than 2m away from eachother.
- We do not share vehicles. All passholders must car pool within their socal circles.
- All guests must stay home if they are feeling unwell. Guides will be hyper aware of any guest that exibits Covid-19 symptoms and have the authority to refuse them from joining the trip... even in the parking lot.
- All our Guides are professional and keep to their inner social circle. If a Guide feels unwell they are responsible to remove themselves from the schedule immediately.
In addition, we will be monitoring the progress of the Covid-19 pandemic and adjust our approach appropriately as authorities dictate. If you have anymore questions or concerns regarding Covid-19 please feel free to contact us.
Can my 16 year old daughter/son join?
Yes. If your child has a valid drivers licence they may join on their own.
Their parents or guardian must first sign their backcountry waiver. Any child under the age of 16 must have a parent or gaurdian accompany them.
If we use a helicopter to access the backcountry is it also included in the price?
No. The Aurora Backcountry Pass is for Guiding only. We can definitely charter a helicopter to access some amazing terrain. The cost will be split between the group. If the group is mixed, all persons must wear a face mask for the helicopter ride.
Can the group request a location for the trip?
What if the weather is too bad to ski?
Our Guides are experts in planning our days and choosing great locations to ski even if the weather is poor.
If you have purchased the Aurora Unlimited Pass, you have access to poor weather alternatives. Your guide will organise a knowledge or skill session such as a crevasse rescue course or an avalanche knowledge slideshow.
This seems like a great gift idea. Can I buy this as a gift for someone?
Please contact us directly if you wish to purchase an Aurora Backcountry Pass for someone.
Please contact us at: email@example.com
What ability do I need to be to join a group?
If you can ski or snowboard confidently in powder snow down a blue run at the ski hill, then you can join us in the backcountry.